The Town of
Glasgow, Virginia

Town Services

This page describes some of the services the Town provides to its residents. Many other services are described on the Water and Wastewater, Public Works, Police. Fire & Rescue, and Parks and Recreation pages. For questions, call Town Hall at 540-258-2246


The Town contracts with C&S Disposal to pick up household trash in town. Pick-up is every Tuesday at the curb in front of your residence. If you use a container to hold trash between pick-ups outside your residence it needs to be water tight and vermin/rodent proof. Containers placed at the curb for pick-up need to be removed from the curb within 12 hours of trash pick-up. Bagged trash is OK as long as it is put out the day of pick-up and the owner is aware that any clean-up due to bag damage is their responsibility.

The Town will pick up the following items:

  • Large Appliances
  • Large furniture
  • Bagged leaves and grass
  • Tree and shrub trimmings

The Town will not pick up any large quantities of brush due to the cutting of entire trees, nor will brush be picked up that was left by a contractor. Contractors should haul away any debris they create.  Other items will need to be properly disposed of by the property owner/tenant.

Streets & Streetlights 

The majority of streets in town are owned and maintained by VDOT. Our maintenance crew works with VDOT in their efforts and will patch potholes and make other minor repairs. We also plow snow under a contract with VDOT on many of their streets in town. Gravel surfaced streets and a few paved streets belong to the town. If you have a question or a concern about a street in town, please call the Town Hall and we will assist you. For more information about our street system, visit the
page of this site.

The Town pays for the streetlights you see in town. It has been the policy of the Town Council to ensure that there are lights at all intersections and certain other areas.  If you notice one that is not working, or feel additional lighting is needed, please contact the Town Hall.